The Polish furniture market is teeming with many well-known brands. It is extremely challenging to grow profitably in such an environment. Despite fierce competition, Selsey succeeded in becoming one of Poland's fastest-growing retailers of furniture, bedding and home decor. Learn what's behind their success.
Online retailer Selsey strives to create as much value for their customers as possible, be it through high-quality products or exceptional customer experience. Their in-house digital marketing team plays a critical role in delivering that experience.
However, a certain inability was holding back their efforts. They needed to be able to quickly split-test various tactics to ensure immediate growth, while, at the same time, continuously raising their long-term performance benchmark.
When launching a lot of experiments, it is better to have a differential media mix that minimizes the dependence on a single supplier, and therefore, mitigates the possible consequences of the failure of a given experiment. On the other hand, such a split makes it difficult to compare the different channels' effectiveness and reflect their actual acquisition power.
Selsey's marketing team already had quite an extensive media mix that included more than 100 publishers. Therefore, it was necessary to start using a robust attribution tool, which allowed for comprehension of the interaction of different campaigns, and what combination of events affected the desired action. Only then, it was possible to determine the true contribution of a given publisher on a user's conversion path.
Using the previous measurement method, Selsey couldn't gain full control over the display campaigns' performance. The antecedent program only provided the team with connectors that gathered marketing data from publisher's panels. The big picture - needed to understand overall performance - was still missing.
For example, say the digital marketing team wanted to split test a hypothesis. One of the display campaigns (Campaign B in below table) was under performing, but still had a relatively high CTR, session quality and ROI.
|CTR||Bounce rate||Pages per session||Session duration||ROI|
To ensure a high degree of confidence in test results as well as in predicting future growth and profitability, Selsey decided to implement data-driven multi-channel attribution prior to running the split test.
ROIVENUE attribution allowed Selsey to:
- Get more actionable data points about traffic channels and campaign performance.
- Find out the exact position of each channel and campaign on each customer journey.
- Reallocate budgets between high and low-performing channels, as well as campaigns.
- Split-test campaign B and assign a higher budget to the variant once it proved to outperform.
- Adjust offers to match individual steps along the customer journey.
Following the in-depth analysis (based on ROIVENUE's Path Analysis, Attribution Analysis and Customers Probability Transitions tools), Selsey switched 15% of the marketing investments of the channel to the winning variant of campaign B. This led to an ROI increase of 65%!
"This transition ensured unprecedented transparency in ads delivery. Roivenue allows us to adjust the right segments and offers on each sales funnel step." says Alina
The results speak for themself
Even during the initial 3-month testing phase, it was possible to bring Selsey's performance analytics to the next level, and drive an increase in sales & return on ad spend. Our results included:
- a 4,62 times increase in revenue on campaign B
- a 13% increase in ROI of campaign B
- a 65% increase in ROI of the total account
Striving to find an attribution model that reflects reality is one of the big challenges for performance-driven marketing teams.
ROIVENUE's attribution solution is a great example of the value that a good attribution tool adds to e-commerce companies. It enables marketers to use budget more efficiently and optimize advertising activities to maximize profits.
We at Selsey are using:
- A performance tool that includes:
- A dashboard showing the most critical metrics and key performance indicators.
- A performance story with predefined practical charts representing an essential view of performance.
- A monitor showing marginal return on marketing investments in each of the sales funnel steps.
- Path and Attribution analysis indicating where each channels stands with regards to the customer journey.
- Customers Story that shows segments and the probability of transitions between segments.
- Business Intelligence export integrations that allow complex analyses of data in external BI tools.
Going forward, Selsey plans to implement Marketing Plans, a Finance Track Investments tool and a Budget Optimizer to improve campaign performance even further.
Interested in growing sales revenue like Selsey did?
Sign up for a free ROIVENUE demo. We'll show you how multi-touch attribution can help you to achieve stronger results from campaigns.
Selsey is one of the top Polish eCommerce companies specializing in internet sales of furniture and home decor items, growing 130% year over year since 2013. With more than 40k products available to search through 24/7, Selsey offers the largest selection of inspiring curated collections at affordable prices, which gives their clients confidence that they'll make the right choice. The company operates in 10+ European markets, including the UK, Germany, France, Poland, Italy; delivering all furniture to the client's doorstep.