We’re looking for an energetic, skilled data engineer to join our team and work with us on our marketing solutions platform. You will play an important role in the development of the new ScanmarQED cloud-based data platform, develop scalable applications and work side-by-side with the team to create new solutions, test your own ideas and share your knowledge.
You will report to the Data Engineering lead, and support the team by working from our office in Prague (CZ) or our office in Houten (NL). You love working with the latest technologies, are capable of abstract thinking, and have good problem-solving and communication skills. If you can create tools that enable businesses to achieve the next growth stage and you get energized by doing this, we would like you to be part of our team!
We are an international company with offices in the Netherlands, Czech Republic, UK and the US. Communication with our international branches will be crucial for smooth cooperation even though your main base will be in Prague.
ScanmarQED has a unique proposition: the advantages of a personal, highly innovative company combined with the challenges of international, top-notch customers. This means that you will work in an informal setting with a lot of personal attention and growth opportunities. We specialize in the area of Marketing Mix Modelling, Brand Health Guidance, and Revenue Management Software and Services. We are working with leading companies in their respective industries.
What Will You Do
- Design, deliver and optimize the data platform for the future solutions
- Build and enrich scalable applications
- Develop new products – working as part of a project team
- Design according to design principles
- Test developed solutions / changes
- Implement and support new solutions
- Maintain existing solutions and implement change requests
- Create technical documentation
Objective Of This Role
You will focus on the fundamentals and technical realization of the data platform. The objective is to integrate marketing data sources and prepare these for analysis and on-the-fly analytics. You will support translation of client solutions into scalable and maintainable applications.
- technical thinking and skillset
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Data Engineering / Data warehousing / programming in a fast-paced (Software) project environment
- Experience with a database platform (e.g. Apache Hive, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL server / Oracle / etc.)
- Experience with Python programming language to construct data pipes and ETL flows
- Experience with Spark, PySpark, PySQL or R
- Knowledge of marketing data sources (consumer panel, retail scanning, survey data, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Experience with an ETL tool (SSIS or other)
- Data science experience
- Good English skills are mandatory, and Dutch skills are preferred.
- Contributing to the development of a high scale, innovative, complex data platform
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Training opportunities
- A salary matching your knowledge and skills
- A friendly atmosphere and a fun, young and international team
- Flexibility in combining working from home/working from the office
- 24 holidays (based on full time)
- Pension scheme 100% paid by the company
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Interested in this challenge?
Send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get started!